Nathanael Greene Homestead
Built in 1770, Spell Hall sits atop a wooded bluff above the former site of the Greene family forge, located on the south branch of the Pawtuxet River in what is now known as the Anthony Village section of the Town of Coventry. The Homestead is owned and operated by the General Nathanael Greene Homestead Association, a non-profit organization, and was opened as a museum in 1924. The site was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1971 and achieved its current status as a National Historic Landmark in 1972. Guided tours of the house are available through The Association.
For more on the life and times of Major General Nathanael Greene, please "click" this link to access his article on Wikipedia: Wikipedia - The Free Encyclopedia
Nathanael Greene Monument Foundation, Inc. ● 164 Gough Avenue, Coventry, RI 02816-7515